Weight Loss and Fruit: What Should You be Eating?
If weight loss is your goal, then a healthy diet and exercise plan are the best tools to help you slim down. Studies have shown that cutting your overall calories and focusing on healthy foods, like fruits, may be the most effective diet plan.
Benefits of Fruit
Fruit is an excellent food to promote weight loss; Even if you are not trying to lose weight, fruits are an excellent part of a healthy diet.
- Not only do fruits contain many valuable nutrients, they also have high water content.
- Fruit will give you energy for exercising
- Can decrease the risk of cancer
- Fruit can lower a high blood pressure
- Fruit may also reduce cholesterol
- Will make you feel full, discouraging high-calorie foods
- Can lower the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Can lower the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Can even slow the aging process
Fruit for Weight Loss
There are thousands of fruits available, all of which have health benefits. Some of the fruits that help you lose weight include:
- Apples. Remember that old saying: an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Studies have shown adding apples to your diet will help you lose weight.
- Apricots have been shown to lower blood pressure.
- Kiwi. Rich in vitamins C and E, and potassium.
- Mangos. Rich in vitamins C and A.
- Oranges. Full of water, vitamin C, and fiber.
- Raisins. Vitamins A and B, and fiber-rich too.
- Strawberries. An excellent source of vitamin C, manganese, and fiber.
- Watermelon. Low in calories, high in water content and lycopene.
How to Add Fruit into your Diet
It is recommended that you get at least 5 servings a day of fruit. Studies show that eating fruit and fresh fruit juice are more nutrient-effective than just taking supplements of the nutrients. Here are some ways you can incorporate fruit into your diet everyday:
- Add fruit to your cereal in the morning
- Make a fruit salad and snack on it for a few days
- Take an apple to work with you for a pre-morning snack
- Eat fruit before or after a workout
- Supplant sodas with natural fruit juices
- Look for recipes that use fruit
Adding 5 servings of fruit to your diet every day is an excellent idea for weight loss.