How Does Vitamin B6 from Cabbage Influence Weight Control?
The Role of Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 is part of a healthy diet. It supports a highly functional metabolism, which is needed to break down the food we eat, giving us energy and nourishing our cells and tissues. It also supports the nervous and immune systems, fighting infections and keeping the organs responsible for white bloods cells healthy. Vitamin B6 elevates oxygen levels to tissues by helping to make hemoglobin. The vitamin regulates blood sugar levels in the body, an important factor in those trying to control their weight.
What Is the Significance of Protein Metabolism?
A healthy intake of vitamin B6 is an excellent way to support protein metabolism, the process in which the protein we have consumed is broken down into amino acids. These amino acids get into the bloodstream and provide energy for the body. They also promote protein synthesis, a process responsible for the healthy cells in terms of structure, defense, hormones, and enzymes.
Vitamin B6 and Weight Control
Vitamin B6 supports healthy cells by nourishing them so that they can burn energy. When combined with zinc, Vitamin B6 produces enzymes in the pancreas which aid in digestion. This means food will be processed efficiently, providing fuel for the body instead of holding on to fat.
Cabbage for Health and Weight Control
Cabbage contains phytonutrients, which communicate with our genes to elevate enzyme levels and stimulate detoxification. The fantastic result is a lower level of carcinogens in the body, potentially reducing our risk of some kinds of cancer, including cancer of the breast, ovaries, colon, and prostate.
Cabbage is a natural source of Vitamin B6. It has additional antioxidants to optimize our health, including Vitamins C and K. It also contains fiber and manganese. Cabbage is filling, low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and can be prepared in a variety of ways.
Incorporating Cabbage in Your Diet
Cabbage can be part of a healthy diet. It's versatile, inexpensive, readily available, and easy to prepare. Try a couple of these tips for better health and weight control:
- Use shredded cabbage in coleslaw. Replace mayonnaise with vinegar, or use a brand of eggless mayo. Coleslaw is a versatile side dish, and takes minutes to prepare.
- Try substituting shredded cabbage for lettuce on your sandwiches, or as a lively addition to a salad. Cabbage has a crunchy, pleasant texture.
- Prepare stuffed cabbage leaves with rice, quinoa, or couscous. There are many low-fat recipes available that call for stuffed cabbage leaves.
- For the adventurous, try the spicy, fermented Korean side dish called kimchi. It can be found in jars at your local supermarket.
- Cabbage can be the staple of a casserole or soup. There are a lot of eastern European takes on these two dishes.
Vitamin B6 is an important component to a healthful diet. It's possible to get your Vitamin B6 from cabbage for weight control, supporting healthy immune and nervous systems and improving your metabolism. Try different ways of adding cabbage to your diet for optimal health and a reduced risk of cancer.