Shingles Be Gone!
Oh, the agony. I got the Pox when I was about 7, but it was such a Mild case (3 pox on my arm), that even the Dr. wasn't sure it was pox. Fast forward 13 years. All of the sudden, I get this rash with shooting pains on the Left side, and only the L side, that lasts for weeks and leaves scars. It was diagnosed as Shingles at the time and there was not much that the Drs could do. It had to just run it's course. The Docs said that it was 'probably' a one-time thing. Fast forward again 13 years... (interesting cycle of every 13 years...hmmm)
THE WORST!!! Shingles began on on the right side of the back of my neck. Started as an itch then progressed to a big fat red, swollen rash within 10 hours. I also discovered a solid hard, pea shaped lump on my neck/shoulder. E.R. time.
Tick tock, as ERs go. 5.5 Hours later.
Shingles. Swollen/clogged lymph node.
1. warm cloth across the rash. DO NOT scratch or pick at it.
2. anti-virus medication (can be administered by Dr.)
3. Pain and itching relief: I used Benadryl for the itch and the Dr's recommendation on switching up Tylenol and Ibuprofen. OTC.
4. Added some 'Smoky-Water OG.'
5. Felt much better. For now.
**Updates to come**