You could earn SmartPoints on this page!SmartPoint Coin

Health Questions & Answers



Hello: I have a border collie probably about 5 years old and about 40-50 lbs, I beleive she has mange, she has scratched hair pretty much off from mid back to and including part of tail, her upper body appears to be in good shape , she also has an odor, I would like to try Defendex and see if it works,I have not had her at vet because it's just to costly for my limited income at this time, but I can't stand to see her itch like this, she shows no sign of pain and has a good appetite, should I order 1 bottle or two and what might the cost be including shipping, thank you in advance for any help and advice you might be able to give me, sincerely Don M. Holman

Smartliving Guest asked this
December 30, 2014 at 11:01 PM



Dear Don,

I have been informed that DEFENDEX is currently out of stock. You might want to try some other things to support the immune system in attempts to improve the situation. I would give the homeopathic, DERMA-IONX, Omega 3,6,9, probiotics, vitamin C, and MSM. These supplements can also help the skin to heal. The first three products are available from Vetionx. The last three should be available from a health food store. If you contact customer service they can help you determine the cost of shipping and when DEFENDEX will be available. They can help you find the most economical combination.

I also recommend feeding some type of grain-free diet. According to Chinese food therapy if the skin is hot you would want to feed a cooling diet. Fish and Turkey are cooling. Beef is neutral. Chicken and lamb are warming. If your dog is chilly and seeks warm places then feed warming foods. Of course if your dog is allergic to a protein source do not give it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,


Dr. Char Wilson, DVM Health Coach answered
December 31, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Already a member? Just sign in!

You are at least 13 years of age and agree to our terms of service.

(All fields Reqiuired)

Report Abuse

Site Feedback