You could earn SmartPoints on this page!SmartPoint Coin

Health Questions & Answers



My 8 year old, cross breed sharpei / labrador suffers with hip dysplasia. I live in South Africa and need to get some meds to give to him. I can't afford a consultation.

Smartliving Guest asked this
February 10, 2016 at 4:34 AM



Dear Kim,

You may use ARTHRO-IONX or PROMAXOL to help with symptoms of hip dysplasia. I usually start with PROMAXOl but you can start with either.

To dose the homeopathic I would split the dose and give a half dose with breakfast and a half dose with supper. In addition I would give PROBIOTICS, vitamin C, OMEGA 3,6,9 and MSM. What kind of water and food do you give your dog? These can influence joint health too.

When you are able to, I would recommend having a veterinary chiropractor check your dog. It often improves movement. Acupuncture can also be helpful. Please let us know how you do.

Best wishes,

Dr. Char

Dr. Char Wilson, DVM Health Coach answered
February 11, 2016 at 2:52 PM
Already a member? Just sign in!

You are at least 13 years of age and agree to our terms of service.

(All fields Reqiuired)

Report Abuse

Site Feedback