Cat Treat Recipes!
Explore a new and healthy way to treat your kitty! Are you looking for an alternative to the preservation laden food that has been sitting on your grocer's shelf for weeks? Explore a new and healthy way to treat your kitty!
Try keeping your ingredients as fresh and natural as possible. Organic and your local farmer's market are best when purchasing ingredients!
With no preservatives your kitty's treats will need to be frozen or left in the fridge for no more then 1 to 2 weeks at a time.
Here are my Top 5 Picks for Healthy Cat Treats
- 1 Can Tuna
- 1 t Honey
- Cat's favorite food
- Additional toppings
Preparation: Combine Together and Feed
- 1/2 a large carrot you can peel then grate
- Zucchini 1/4 cup grated and peeled
- Chopped alfalfa sprouts 1/2 a cup
- Chopped parsley very fine
- Some chicken stock about 1/8 cup
- Catnip dried or fresh 1/4 table spoon
Preparation: Combine vegetables in a bowl. Put in your chicken stock and toss, sprinkle over with catnip and serve at room temperature. All the food that is over can be put in the fridge for about to 2-3 days.
- 3/4 cup shredded or grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream or yogurt (plain)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 5 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation: While your oven is preheating to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, combine all the ingredients into dough (add a touch of water if needed). Knead the dough into a ball and then roll it out to ¼ inch. Cut into one-inch pieces and bake for 25 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.
- 2 Flat cans of sardines in oil (do not drain)
- 2/3 C Cooked rice
- 1 T Pureed liver (or canned liver cat food)
- 1/4 C Chopped parsley
Preparation: Combine all ingredients and mix well. Shape into balls of desired size or simply spoon into cat's dish and serve. These treats may be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days, and may also be frozen.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup Flaked smoked mackerel
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
Preparation: Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve.
Your kitty is going to LOVE these treats. I hope you take a moment to try one of these recipes and please feel free to provide your feedback on what your cat thought of it! We would LOVE to hear from you!