By Sue Serves 12
This sauce is great served over satay skewers, tossed with soba noodles, or simply as a dipping sauce for spring rolls.
Print Friendly View
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Thai red chile pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
You may also need:
Blender, Skillet, Spoon
Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion, garlic, and chili. Saute for about 4 minutes. Bring the sauce to a simmer over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in the cilantro and remove from the heat.
Stir in the soy sauce, lime juice, coconut milk, coriander, and cumin.
Thoroughly blend the peanut butter into the mixture.
Bring the sauce to a simmer over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in the cilantro and remove from the heat.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!