Lime Grilled Chicken Burger
By Sue Serves 4
This burger is a great lean alternative to fatty beef.
Print Friendly View
- 8 slices French bread toasted
- ¾ lb ground chicken (white meat)
- ¼ cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1 × Juice of ½ a lime
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 Tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided, plus 12 large basil leaves
- ½ cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
You may also need:
Blender, Grill, Skillet, Spoon
Blend breadcrumbs, lime juice, ginger, and chicken
Shape into 4 1/2-inch-thick patties
Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-heat (or heat grill to medium high heat and brush both sides with olive oil). Cook patties until bottoms are crusty (about 4 minutes). Turn patties over and top with cheese.
Cook 3 minutes. Cover; cook until cooked through and cheese is melted (about 1 minute).
Assemble burgers with onion, basil leaves, and mayo and serve on French bread.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!