Bow Tie Pasta Primavera
By Sue Serves 6
This meal is a great way to use leftover vegetables or stretch your budget.
Print Friendly View
- 1 lb Bow Tie Pasta (farfelle)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 2 cups sweet peas
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 × 1lb chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- ¾ lb evaporated skim milk
- 1 × Pinch cayenne
- 1 × Pinch nutmeg
- 1 × ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
You may also need:
A Pot, Kitchen Knife
Boil in a large stock pot. Cook pasta for 7 minutes.
While pasta cooks chop herbs add vegetables.
Heat olive oil over medium high on a large sauté pan and cook herbs thru carrots.
Once carrots begin to soften add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked thru.
Add evaporated skim milk thru cheese.
Drain and rinse pasta and add to sauté pan with sauce.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!