Avocado, Tomato and Red Onion Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
By Sue Serves 6
Fresh lime juice make the dressing on this salad refreshing and lite.
Print Friendly View
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted and ground
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 × Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 × Lime-Toasted Cumin-Cilantro Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 2 large ripe Haas avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 × Cilantro leaves, for garnish
You may also need:
Bowl, Spoon, Whisk
Combine lime juice, vinegar, honey, cumin, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
While whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil. Whisk until well-combined.
Combine tomatoes, onion, and dressing, to taste, and toss to combine.
Add avocado and gently mix, being careful not to break up the avocado too much. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!