How To Cure Candida Albicans Naturally
You and YeastYeast is naturally present on your body in many locations including the mouth, digestive tract, skin, and genitalia. It is part of the normal flora population which consists of many species of generally harmless microorganisms. Yeast is somewhat different in that it is present in very small amounts and doesn't cause harmful effects unless allowed to grow excessively.
What Causes Yeast Infections?Unlike many bacterial infections, yeast infections are rarely transmitted through contact such as sexual intercourse. For yeast to survive, they rely on very specific conditions. Instead, most people get yeast infections essentially from themselves when the vaginal environment changes for some reason. Anything that either prevents bacterial growth (such an antibiotics), keeps the vagina extra warm and moist (like wearing clothing made of synthetic materials), or increases the sugar content in vaginal secretions (like hormone changes) can encourage the growth of yeast.
Natural Methods for Treating Genital Candidiasis
- Probiotics: These are considered anything that encourages the growth of bacteria. A good source of probiotics is any yogurt that contains "active cultures", the most common of which is Lactobacillus acidophilus. It's also important to use plain and unsweetened yogurt as sugar can aid in the growth of yeast.
- Eating a lot of yogurt will help prevent a yeast infection. However, you can also treat a yeast infection with yogurt. You can apply yogurt to your vagina by using a vaginal applicator or by inserting a tampon saturated with yogurt. Be sure to replace with a freshly a saturated tampon after several hours.
- Garlic: Garlic has mild antifungal properties and can be applied to the vagina much like a probiotic. You can insert a freshly peeled garlic clove wrapped in cheesecloth into your vagina for up to twelve hours. It is also helpful to increase garlic consumption.
- Potassium Sorbate: This is a common beer-making ingredient and can be found at beer and wine-making stores. A tampon saturated with a 3% potassium sorbate solution (15 grams in one pint of water) can be inserted into the vagina and left overnight. Repeat each night until symptoms subside.
- Douching: Flushing the vagina with a vinegar and water solution (1 tablespoon to 1 quart water) once daily can increase the acidity of your vagina, inhibiting the growth of yeast populations.
- Gentian Violet: Exhibiting antifungal properties, gentian violet (usually sold as a purple, 1% solution) can aid in the destruction of vaginal yeast when painted on the labia (or "lips" of the vagina), vaginal canal and cervix.
[sniplet Candidol]Sources: http://www.fwhc.org/health/yeast.htm http://www.ayurvediccure.com/homeremedies_yeast.htm http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthconditionsqtoz/a/yeast_infection.htm