Taking Vitamin C May Prevent Cardiovascular Disease in Men
What's cardiovascular disease?
There are almost 60 million people with a form of cardiovascular disease, according to the American Heart Association. Cardiovascular disease includes atherosclerosis (artery blockage), which is the most common type of heart disease and the cause of most heart attacks.
Almost half a million people die from coronary heart disease each year.
Why is vitamin C important for cardiovascular disease?
Tissue integrity is the result of sufficient vitamin C in a person's diet.That's important because the tissues are specifically vulnerable to vitamin C deficiency because they are constantly under stress.
Our arteries respond the same way.When the arteries threatened, lipoprotein (cholesterol) results.Lipoprotein then binds itself to the wall and prevents blood seepage.This is where arterial plaque is located.Lesions are visible in the same location where the threat or stress occurred.
What's so good about vitamin C?Vitamin C has been considered a global panacea.It is the most popular of all the vitamins.Vitamin is given a lot of credit from proponents and claim it can prevent colds and heart disease.
- Red blood cell production is a result of vitamin C.It improves blood vessel, gum, bone, and teeth health.
- Iron and calcium absorptions are boosted with vitamin C by producing antibodies.
- Vitamin C is necessary in the manufacture of collagen because of the connective tissues that fight against the free radicals that cause diseases and infection.These connective tissues are found in bones, capillary walls, joint linings, cartilage, teeth, ligaments, skin, and vertebral discs.
- Urinary tract infections and wounds are healed with vitamin C.
- Healthy skin is maintained because of vitamin C.
- Ascorbic acid metabolism is managed by vitamin C.Our bodies are protected against cataracts, arteriosclerosis, male infertility, glaucoma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, and musculoskeletal degeneration.
- Fluid and blood inside and surrounding cells are neutralized with vitamin C.
- Allergic reactions, cancer, blood clots, and periodontal and heart disease are prevented with vitamin C.
- Heart health is promoted with vitamin C consumption.
- Oxidative damage and anemia are prevented with vitamin C.
- Elevated bad cholesterol levels are reduced with vitamin C.
- Arterial and capillary functions are regulated with vitamin C.
- Cellular function is strengthened with vitamin C.
Taking vitamin C may prevent cardiovascular disease in men
For men interested in preventing cardiovascular disease, vitamin C will put their minds at ease.Vitamin C has proven efficacy to prevent cardiovascular disease, as well as heart attacks.This is important because more than 410,000 American men died in 2004 from heart-related diseases.Cardiovascular diseases are the #1 leading cause of death in America.It's a fact that men tend to develop cardiovascular disease 10-15 years earlier than women, which means they die in the prime of their life.Almost /4 of all heart-related deaths in men occur between the ages of 35-65.
[sniplet Vita Male]
Sources: http://whitakerwellness.com/health_concerns/heart_disease/ http://www.cforyourself.com/Conditions/Heart_Disease/heart_disease.html http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mens-health/MC00013