Very Berry Citrus-Ade Green Smoothie
By Christina Pasternak Serves 1
This smoothie is loaded with super-immunity vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, D, E, B vitamins, folic acid, and iron. Green smoothies are a great way to incorporate large amounts of leafy greens into your diet every day. Not only do they contain the nutrients required for a healthy immune system, but they have more leafy greens than most people eat in a week! This means more vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants -- exactly what we need to fight aging and disease.
Print Friendly View
- 2 handfuls of dark, leafy greens (spinach, kale, collards, etc.)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (any combo you prefer: blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 1 half lemon, juiced
- 1 whole orange, peeled
- 2 dates, pitted (adds sweetness and iron)
- ½ small avocado (optional, for added creaminess and healthy fats)
- 1 cup water or ice (more or less depending how thin you prefer your smoothies)
You may also need:
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth; drink throughout the morning.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!