Fire Roasted Tomato Basic & Quinoa Soup
By Christina Pasternak Serves 1
This hearty soup, along with the leafy green salad, contains all the immune-boosting vitamins and minerals we need, as well a complete protein source from the quinoa. It can easily be made ahead of time and enjoyed throughout the week, making it a great recipe for busy people who understand the importance of healthy food!
Print Friendly View
- 1 28 oz. can organic, fire roasted tomatoes (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cooked white beans, such as cannellini (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa (less or more, depending on consistency)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
You may also need:
A Pot, Bowl, Food Processor, Spoon
In a food processor, mix tomatoes, white beans, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, shallot, garlic, and basil until well-incorporated to your liking.
Transfer tomato mixture to a pot and begin warming on low-medium heat.
Add cooked quinoa, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring the soup to a simmer, cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the bay leaf, do a taste test, and adjust seasonings accordingly. Transfer a generous portion to a bowl, and serve alongside a leafy green salad.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!