Apple Tarragon Chickpea Salad Wraps
By Christina Pasternak Serves 4
This delicious and nutritious take on a classic lunchtime favorite, chicken salad, contains all the vitamins and minerals required for a super immune system, including selenium, zinc, iron, B vitamins and folic acid, vitamins A, C, D, and E.
Print Friendly View
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (If canned, be sure to rinse)
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup celery, minced
- ⅓ cup shallots (or red onion), mince
- ¼ cup granny smith apple, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill, minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey
- Add salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup dijon Mustard
- 2 collard green leaves, washed and patted dry (or whole grain wraps)
- 1 whole tomato, sliced
You may also need:
Bowl, Food Processor, Spoon
In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas, walnuts, and sunflower seeds until finely minced to the consistency of your liking (think chicken salad; some like it chunkier than others). Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
Add the celery, shallot (or onion), apple, tarragon, dill, lemon juice, maple syrup (or honey), salt, and pepper to the chickpea mixture. Incorporate thoroughly with a spoon. Do a taste test, adjust seasonings to your preference.
Put about 3/4 cup of mixture onto a collard green or whole grain wrap, add tomato, dijon mustard, wrap it up, and enjoy! Serve alongside a leafy green salad if you’d like.
Jessica Corwin MPH RDN says:
Interesting combo, Christina! It's been a long time since I have tried tarragon - time to get cooking!
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!