How to Accelerate Your Immune System Naturally
What is your immune system?
If your immune system is healthy, it will regulate your body's healing function and protect it when infections and diseases threaten your well-being. Immune system's functionality can be altered by stress. So, if you are stressed, your immune system is comprised and you fall susceptible to cardiovascular disorders, colds, fatigue, the flu, and premature aging. Stress also increases adrenaline, anxiety, blood pressure, cortisol, depression, free radicals, glucose levels, heart rate, and oxidative damage.
How to accelerate your immune system naturally
Because our immune system is so vital, it's important to protect it. The best way to protect and boost your immune system is to do it naturally. A properly-tuned immune system promises a longer life, the joy of feeling younger, and the reward of being healthy. Here are some suggestions, in no particular order, to help you maintain a healthy immune system.
1. Physical activity. You don't have to call it exercise. Physical activities include fun events like cycling, dancing, gardening, swimming. Regular physical activity strengthens our bones, cardiovascular system, hart, immune system, and muscles. Thirty minutes a day is ideal. If you are strapped for time and don't have 30 minutes at one time, then divide that time throughout the day. You will receive the same benefits without interrupting your busy schedule.
2. Stretching or yoga. While it may not look like exercise, stretching and yoga actually help improve balance, blood circulation, breathing, flexibility, mental stress like tension and anxiety, and sleep patterns. Further benefits include the lowering of blood pressure and heart rate.
3. Hygiene. It's important to stop the spread of infection-causing microorganisms. Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly. This promotes good health habits.
4. Humor and laughter. Laughing actually helps to reduce the stress hormones in your body. It also increases the number and functionality of the T cells that help ward against viral attacks and damaged cells. Increased laughter produces increased disease resistance.
5. Diet. Maintain a healthy immune system with a diet rich in antioxidants. This includes folate, omega-3 fatty acids, lycopene, and vitamins A, C, and E. Antioxidants are important because they fight and neutralize the molecules, free radicals, which damage cells and cause cancer, heart disease, and premature aging.
- Specifically, omega-3 fatty acids contain anti-inflammatory, immune-regulating, and cardiovascular-enhancing properties. Omega-3 fatty acids also help to prevent autoimmune diseases, cancer, depression, diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and stroke.
- Folate helps to prevent cognitive decline as it relates to aging and damage to vessels and cells. Folate also guards DNA integrity and cultivates healthy red blood cells.
- Some antioxidant food examples include almonds, blueberries, broccoli, cantaloupe, carrots, grapefruit, olive oil, oranges, peppers, and sunflower seeds.
- Some omega-3 fatty acid food examples include flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, salmon, soybeans, and walnuts.
- Some folate food examples include beans, beets, Brussels sprouts, dark green leafy vegetables, legumes, and okra.
- And don't forget dietary supplements that are designed to provide a healthy boost for your immune system safely and effectively without harmful side effects.
6. Relax. Find what decreases your stress and anxiety levels, and then do it.
7. Rest. Make sure you get enough sleep. You will feel better and your body will benefit. It's best to get seven-eight hours of sleep a night.
8. Having a positive attitude will help. Manage your stress. Optimism will keep negative thoughts at bay. Because stress is such a huge trigger for health illnesses, it's important to maintain a life without unnecessary stress.
9. Drink tea. This simple suggestion will help your body fight off infections and germs and will taste good, too.
10. Try some sort of hydrotherapy. Hot baths relieve sore joints and muscles, promote a good night's rest, and reduce tension and stress. You can enjoy this therapy at home or at a local spa. Go on. Boost your immune system and live with optimal health. Only you can do it.