How Do Dental Savings Plans Work In Roanoke, VA?
Traditionally, any health-related insurance needs payment of a fixed amount of premium for getting reimbursement of health care expenses.
But, for dental care, you have the following three payment options.
- Claiming from dental insurance
- Paying cash
- Dental Discount Card; also known as a dental savings plan
Dental Discount Plan
It is not a health insurance plan but a benefits program. Instead of paying a premium, you become a member of a dental savings plan. The monthly fee per year per family is less than $150 per year. In return, a particular amount of discount is earmarked on the savings card. When you go to a dentist, no insuranceis required to betreated. Instead, you receive the available discount amount by showing the savings card to the service provider.
Categorization of Services
- Preventive services such as examining, cleaning, and washing
- Necessary dental treatments such as extraction of weak teeth, filling of grooved teeth and x-rays of wrongly-positioned or damaged teeth
- Primary dental procedures like implants or orthodontia
Insurers offer dental savings plans as an alternative to traditional dental insurance. Preventive care services offer a dental savings plan of 20% to 40% of paid coverage. On the other hand, they provide discounted fees on basic and primary care services through an online service provider.
Pros of Dental Savings Plans
- Saving of money that depends on the plan and scheme covered
- The occurrence of dental issues such as the basic and the major is less compared to other health issues. Thus, there will be saving on premium
- Less preparation and waiting period as compared to the traditional insurance claim
- In dental insurance, you may have to worry about deductibles. That may constrain your visits to the dentist in Roanoke, VA
- With the service plans, you can have access to your dentist throughout the year
Cons of Dental Savings Plan
- The above three savings plans do not ensure 100% coverage of any service, even preventive care. You need to find a way out for any new dental issue.
- Accessibility of services may get limited depending upon the source of the service provider. A dental savings plan purchased from an insurance company may insist you visit dentists enrolled in its network. Similarly, if you obtain the savings plan from your dentists office, you cant transfer the discount plan to another dentist.
Does the Plan Suit You?
- If your oral health care need is minimal, the discount plan may suit you because you can get relief, just by cleanings and check-ups, and could yet save through a discount plan.
- It also suits you if you have dental insurance coverage, but it does not over your 100% dental care needs. With both the facilities in hand, you can save quite a bit while paying out of pocket expenses incurred for dental health care.
- There are chances that you are out of employment for a specified period. In such eventuality, the dental discount plan can meet your dental health care needs until you can avail of your dental insurance with your new employer.
- Even if you are covered under Medicare, you may not be in a position to get most of the dental care, including preventive care. In such a case, a dental discount plan ensures the highest dental health care with minimal cost.
Keeping the above pros and cons of dental care discount plan, you can make a comparative analysis of the options of savings plans. Critical factors for consideration are the fees, range of services covered, and the estimated discount amount for the three types of services; preventive, essential, and significant functions. You can then arrive at the best option for you.