Sweet & Spicy Chicken
By Tamara — One of many dinner recipes on SmartLivingNetwork.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
In slower cooker on high place chicken on bottom and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic.
Whisk preserves, chicken stock, ketchup, vinegar, molasses together. Pour over chicken.
Sprinkle sliced peppers and onion, cover and slow cook on high for 4 hours.
Can be made as sandwiches topped with bacon and cheese or with rice.
- 1 pound Chicken
- 18 oz. jar of blackberry or strawberry preserves
- 0.5 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 1 × black pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 × any number of red, orange, yellow sweet mini peppers
- 1 or 2 onions, sliced
- 1 × garlic
- 1 × pepper jack or provol1 cheese slices (optional)
- 1 × bacon (optional)
- 1 × buns or rice