Every day since we were children commercials, billboards, and magazine ads have been coming up with several ways to convince consumers to buy milk. Many companies have created catchy slogans such as "If you want to get ahead, get milk" or "Milk builds strong bones" or the most commonly used one "Got Milk?". Due to the overuse of propaganda, corporations have provided America with the idea that "cow's milk" is the solution to strengthening bones and providing calcium. One of their smartest ideas were to put celebrities in their commercials knowing that Americans who do look up to them would already be next in line to consume their product. Soon you will discover that cow's milk does nothing but hurt your body.
Why Is Cow's Milk Bad For You?
There is one clear answer to that. We are NOT calves. We are HUMANS. Human beings are not suppose to drink milk that was designed by nature for calves. In the article "Why Milk Is Bad For You", Cindy Jones-Shoeman brings up what health problems are caused by the consumption of milk. According to her research, Robert Cohen, an executive director of the Dairy Education Board said milk is to blame for the following health woes:
- kidney stones
- multiple sclerosis
- rheumatoid arthritis
1. Milk doesn't reduce fractures. Eating dairy has never been shown to reduce fractures. In fact, according to Dr. Walter Willet's research in the Nurses' Health Study, dairy increases fractures by 50 percent!
2. Less dairy, better bones. Countries such as Africa and Asia have the lowest rates of osteoporosis because they do not consume the amount of dairy products we Americans do everyday.
3. Calcium isn't the answer to reduction of fracture risk. Recent studies have shown that calcium consumption has not made a difference in the reduction of fractures, instead vitamin D appears to have a better outcome of preventing fractures.
4. Calcium has the possibility of creating a higher cancer risk. Research calculates that the consumption of calcium and dairy products increase the risk of prostate cancer for men by 30-50 percent. Also, dairy products are the reason why high body levels of insulin-like growth factor-1 -- a known cancer promoter rises.
5. Calcium can have benefits unlike dairy. Calcium supplements that are not dairy products could reduce the risk of colon cancer.
6. Not many people can consume dairy. Due to an issue known as lactose intolerance almost 75 percent of the world's population has the inability to digest any dairy products.
What Is In Milk?
Cow's milk is an unhealthy substance from diseased animals that contains a wide variety of disease-causing substances which causes a negative effect on anyone who consumes it. All milk, including organic have 59 active hormones, scores of allergens, fat and cholesterol. It also contains herbicides, pesticides, dioxins, about 53 powerful antibiotics including LS-50, blood, pus, feces, bacteria and viruses. Every time a person has a bite of cheese they are consuming 10 times the amount of a sip of milk because it takes 10 cups of milk just to make one pound of cheese. Countries that have high protein diets (meat, milk, and dairy) are most likely to receive osteoporosis.
- Bacteria: Feces is a major source for bacteria. In room temperature the number of bacteria doubles every 20 minutes. That explains why milk rots so quickly.
- Pus: Somatic cells are another term for PUS. In cow's milk they are allowed to have 750,000 somatic cells and 20,000 live bacteria before it should be taken off the market. Each liter of milk would be containing 20 million live bacteria and about 750 million somatic cells.
- Cholesterol: The amount of cholesterol within 3 glasses of milk is the same amount as eating 53 slices of bacon.
What are some alternatives for milk?
Luckily there are many stores that have non-dairy milk alternatives such as soy milks, rice milks, and almond milks. But, the question is which ones are the best out of the many varieties the stores provide. The top 5 are Blue Diamond's Almond Breeze, "SO Delicious" Coconut Milk, "Thai Kitchen" coconut milk, homemade almond milk (recipe provided below), "Rice Dream" rice milk, and "West Soy" soy milk.
Homemade Almond Milk Recipe:
www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/dairy-free-6-reason b 558876.html
Photo Credit: Mowie Kay