By Sue Serves 4
Using shaved zucchini instead of noodles makes this dish entirely vegetarian and gluten free. Its such a great use of summers bounty.
Print Friendly View
- 3 medium zucchini or summer squash
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1 8 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 8 oz jar Kalamata olives, pitted and drained
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 8 oz jar pesto
- 1 16 oz container ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze, (found in the grocery store near the vinegars and oils)
You may also need:
Bowl, Butter Knife, Food Processor, Kitchen Knife, Mandolin, Oven, Plate, Spoon
Using a mandolin or very sharp knife slice zucchini lengthwise into very thin strips to resemble lasagna noodles. Lightly salt the zucchini and set aside.
In a food processor pulse sun-dried tomatoes, red peppers and garlic adding oil as you go. Process until it reaches the consistency of chunky peanut butter. remove and set aside.
In a cleaned bowl of the food processor add olives and lemon juice. Pulse until it reaches the same consistency as the red pepper tomato mixture.
Mix the cheeses with the basil and set aside.
In a casserole dish sprayed with non-stick oil begin layering the lasagna. Start with two strips of zucchini laid side by side and slightly overlapping. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture and top with two more strips of zucchini.
Spread a teaspoon of red pepper and tomato mixture over zucchini and top with two more zucchini strips.
Spread a teaspoon of the pesto over zucchini and top with two more zucchini strips.
Spread a teaspoon of the olive mixture over zucchini and top with two more zucchini strips.
Finish with cheese, pesto olive and tomato mixtures. Repeat three more times in the same casserole dish.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350o. Plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!