Sue's Super Spelt Bowl
By Sue Serves 6
Spelt is another species of wheat, and was important in Europe from the Bronze Age through medieval times. Mostly sold in the form of bread or pasta, spelt ads a meaty flavor with loads of protein and complex carbohydrates.
Print Friendly View
- 1 cup uncooked spelt or wheat berries
- 4 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped into small 1/4” pieces
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 × Pinch or 2 of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Cilantro, chopped)
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!