Spicy Chicken and Mushrooms
By alexsdekok Serves 4
Quick, easy, and you only have to use one pan! This dish makes great left overs, but it is spicy! Make sure to serve with rice.
Print Friendly View
- 1 × Two Chicken Breasts, Cut into half inch pieces
- 1 × One package (8 oz.) of White or mini Bella Mushrooms thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated into paste
- 1 root of Ginger (only need 1/4 of the root) minced or paste
- 2 bunches of Green onion, stems finely chopped
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Rice wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil, Separated
You may also need:
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or pan over medium high heat. Cook garlic and ginger until they start to brown (1 minute) add mushrooms, green onions, Crushed red Pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook until mushrooms start to brown (6-8 Minutes).
When the Mushrooms start to brown add the rest of the olive oil then the chicken. Stir frequently. Salt and pepper to taste. (use less salt here, the soy sauce has plenty)
Cook chicken until they brown and are cooked through (10 minutes). Add Rice Wine Vinegar and Soy sauce. Lower heat to medium low and stir frequently until liquid reduces slightly.
Serve: Serve chicken and mushrooms over/aside of Japanese rice. Enjoy.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!