By Sue Serves 6
If you love a good Reuben sandwich but don't want all the carbs, this soup is for you.
Print Friendly View
- 1 × ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 × ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked corned beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 × Rye croutons, optional
You may also need:
In a large saucepan, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender. Add broth. Reduce heat. Add sauerkraut, cream and corned beef; simmer and stir for 15 minutes. Add cheese; heat until melted. Add salt and pepper. Garnish with croutons if you so desire.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!