Low Fat Spiced Pork Soup
By Sue Serves 6
Pork tenderloin makes this low fat soup filling and satisfying, Warm spices like cinnamon, cumin and curry get the taste buds moving and your metabolism in fourth gear.
Print Friendly View
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 heads garlic, peeled and separated into cloves
- 3 sprigs marjoram, stems removed
- 3 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- 2 ½ pounds pork tenderloin cut into bite size pieces
- 8 cups reduced sodium, fat free chicken stock
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced
- 1 × 2 cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cups Basmati rice cooked
You may also need:
A Pot, Spoon
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan on medium hi. Sauté onions, garlic, marjoram & thyme until onions begin to soften.
Rub pork with sea salt and sauté with garlic & onions. Cook meat until just browned on all sides.
Place in a large stock pot add carrots and stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
In the same sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon oil over hi heat. Sauté pineapple and jalapeño until pineapple is browned and giving off steam. Add spices and sauté for 1 minute.
Add pinnaple mixture to stock pot with pork mixture. Add brown sugar. Heat until almost boiling then turn off. Serve over ½ cup rice.