Grilled Onion, Tomato, and Asparagus Pita Pizza
By Sue Serves 6
I love the way the crust of these healthy pizzas crunches when you take your first bite. There are so many fresh, delicious flavors and textures going on that your tongue will thank you!
Print Friendly View
- ½ cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- to taste Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup grilled asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 inch thick rounds
- 4 whole 6-to-8-inch whole wheat pitas
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 × pinch red pepper flakes
You may also need:
Grill, Kitchen Knife, Plate, Spoon
Preheat a grill to medium high. Brush the onion rounds with oil and season with salt. Grill until soft (3 to 4 minutes per side). Transfer to a plate, and separate the rings. Reduce the grill heat to medium.
Brush both sides of the pitas with olive oil and grill until marked (2 to 3 minutes per side). Top with some of the tomato-olive mixture, feta, and onion. Cover and grill until the cheese melts (2 to 3 minutes).
Season with salt and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with olive oil. Slice and serve!
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!