Grilled Melange of Peppers, Eggplant and Red Onion Tossed with a Feta Red Wine Vinaigrette
By Sue Serves 8
This colorful side dish can be served with fish or chicken. It's also alone as a vegetarian dish.
Print Friendly View
- 2 medium sized eggplant cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 red onions sliced vertically into thin strips
- 3 bell peppers of different colors, cut into strips
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup chopped or shredded fresh basil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
You may also need:
Bowl, Fork, Skillet, Spoon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a roasting pan combine eggplant, onions, and peppers. Add the oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Stir the vegetable to coat with seasoning. Transfer to the oven and roast, turning every ten minutes until the eggplant is very tender when pierced with a fork, about 35-45 minutes. In a small skillet, place the pine nuts over medium heat and toast for 5 minutes until golden. Set aside and cool. Toss the vegetables with the basil in a large bowl, sprinkle with feta cheese and serve warm or cold.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!