By Sue Serves 6
All the flavors of a fajita on a pizza! Delicious and light.
Print Friendly View
- 4 whole 12
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 halfs boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup green or red bell pepper strips
- 2 whole tomatoes
- ½ cup Fire Roasted Salsa (see recipe)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
You may also need:
Kitchen Knife, Oven, Skillet, Spoon
Thinly slice onions.
Cut peppers into 1/2 inch strips.
Chop tomatoes, oregano, and basil.
Meanwhile, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add onions, bell pepper strips, and tomatoes; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are softened.
Spoon chicken mixture evenly over tortillas. Spoon salsa over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil and cilantro, and serve.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!