Curried Squash Bisque with Green Apples
By Sue Serves 8
Curry adds a unique blend of flavors which pairs well with the butternut squash.
Print Friendly View
- ¼ cup ( 1/2 stick) butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 4 cups 1-inch pieces peeled butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups 1-inch pieces peeled acorn squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tbsp Sue Chef curry powder
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 peeled green apples cored fine chopped
You may also need:
A Pot, Blender, Immersion Blender, Spoon
Yumm.. Heading to make this now! Thanks!
Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add broth, all squash and curry; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until squash is very tender, about 20 minutes.
Using a hand blender, puree soup until very smooth and creamy.
Stir in cream and sugar; bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with green apples.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!