Coconut Curry Soup and Shrimp
By Sue Serves 6
Curry is a fantastic blend of spices often found in Asian and Indian cuisine. Careful, it can be hot!
Print Friendly View
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemongrass stalk, cut into 1-inch pieces and crushed
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 pound, shrimp
- 1 (8-ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained and rinsed
- 4 small green Thai chiles, sliced very thin
- 4 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 (13-ounce) can coconut milk
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 × Salt and freshly ground black pepper
You may also need:
A Pot, Bowl
In a soup pot, combine and bring to a boil the chicken broth, lemon grass, lime leaves, and ginger. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the broth with flavor.
Strain the infused broth, discard the aromatics, and return the broth to the pot.
Add chicken, mushrooms, chiles, fish sauce, sugar, coconut milk, and lime juice and simmer for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Finally, season the soup with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and top each bowl with some cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!