By alexsdekok Serves 6
Healthy, easy, fast. This bruchetta chicken does not only taste delicious and fresh, but it is very inexpensive and can made quickly.
Print Friendly View
- 1 × Three Large Chicken Breasts Trimmed and Cut
- 1 × Four Roma Tomatoes
- 1 × Small package of fresh Basil
- 1 × Olive Oil
- 1 × Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 × Flour
- 1 × Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic
You may also need:
Bowl, Kitchen Knife, Plate, Spoon
1. Dice Tomatoes and place in strainer in sink to drain excess fluid. While tomatoes drain, mince garlic and chop basil. When tomatoes are strained, place them, the garlic, and the basil into a medium bowl and mix gently. Then add a small amount of olive oil (just enough to coat the tomatoes) and mix again. Cover and set bruchetta aside.
2. Trim the fat off the Chicken breasts. Then slice the three breasts into smaller pieces (you can butterfly them if you want, but the main idea is smaller pieces for better serving size and cooking time.
3. Season breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides. On a cookie, or baking sheet, sprinkle flour over the breasts so that they are covered, but lightly coated.
4. In a small pot, place ½ cup to 1 full cup of balsamic vinegar and simmer on low. Stir every few minutes until the vinegar reduces to the consistency of syrup.
5. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add a few tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, use tongs and place chicken in pan. Cook the chicken until a golden brown crust forms (about 4 minutes) and then flip. Cook for another few minutes until chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve: Place a piece of chicken on a plate, generously spoon bruchetta over chick, and then drizzle balsamic reduction over both. Serve with steamed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!