Drinking Milk May Decrease Your Risk Of Developing Diabetes
What does milk do for you?
We've all heard that "milk does the body good," but did you know that milk could actually decrease your risk of developing diabetes?It's true!
Diabetes is a disease where your blood glucose (sugar) levels are so high that your body can't manage on its own. The effects of these high glucose levels are a constant threat to the body's organs. Diabetes is a disease that requires a 24/7 constant watch.These are just a few of the many health complications of diabetes are serious and are almost guaranteed:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Nerve disease and damage
Don't want to become a victim of this time-consuming or even deadly disease? Keep reading and you'll find an astonishing answer.
That ice-cold milk is starting to sound good now, huh?
Fat-tree milk, low-fat milk, and yogurt are great sources of calcium that can treat and manage your low blood glucose, which in turn may decrease your risk of developing diabetes by nearly 15%.
When you drink just one serving of milk (1 cup) instead of carbonated and sugary drinks per day, your chances of being diagnosed with diabetes is lower. A serving of milk or yogurt can be used as part of a snack, such as yogurt and fruit.
Don't like just plain old milk from the carton?There's a myriad of choices to get this miracle food in us, such as:
- Eggs.Add dry or fat-free milk to eggs to make delicious scrambled eggs or an omelet.
- High fiber, dry cereal.Enjoy your favorite cereal with ice-cold milk.
- Hot cereal.You can use milk to substitute for water.
- Plain yogurt.Substitute plain yogurt instead of sour cream on baked potatoes.
- Recipes.Add dry milk to meatloaf, meatballs, soups, casseroles, or gravies.
- Smoothies.Blend fruit with fat-free milk or yogurt to make a tasty smoothie.
Okay, so you may need a couple more reasons why you should drink milk. If milk isn't your favorite, think of all its medicinal properties and give it a try.Look over these wonderful reasons why you should start drinking more milk:
- Milk decreases the chance of being diagnosed with diabetes.
- Milk decreases the chance of being diagnosed with heart disease.
- Milk decreases the chance premature death.
- Milk improves teenage acne.
- Milk lowers the risk of metabolic syndrome in men.
So, wear that milk mustache proudly, and live a healthier life!