Laurianne's Onion Soup
By LMacdonaldFL Serves 6
Warm and wonderful during FLU season
Print Friendly View
- ½ cup salted organic butter
- 4 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 × Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup burgundy
- 2 quarts organic beef broth
- 1 fresh baked baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1 × Organic goat's cheese (optional)
You may also need:
A Pot, Bowl
Melt the stick of butter in large pot over medium heat.
Add onions, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook until onions are caramelized.
Add wine and reduce until liquid is gone.
Discard thyme springs and turn heat down to medium low.
Add beef broth and bring soup to a simmering boil. Serve with a dollop of goat's cheese on baguette toast centered in bowl.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!