Cabbage & Couscous
By Goldilocks Serves 4
Garlicky purple cabbage cooked until soft over freshly cooked yellow couscous
Print Friendly View
- ½ head of large red cabbage, shredded
- 6 cloves of garlic, (or more!) minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ tsp ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning medley
- 1 × butter, oil, or water for sauteing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked couscous, seasoned however you want
You may also need:
Saute the onions and garlic until slightly softened. Like 3 or 4 minutes.
Add red pepper, medley, salt, and pepper, stir until the onions and garlic are coated.
Add cabbage with a touch more oil/water/butter and stir until coated.
Cover and let saute for at least 30 mins, but aim for 40 or even 50, stirring occasionally
Cabbage is done when a brilliant shade of purple and the leaves are tender and limp. Taste test as you go along until your desired texture.
Serve over couscous or mix together. Enjoy!
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!