5 Healthy Ways To Lower Your Cholesterol
A modified diet can actually lower your cholesterol.
- You should include soluble fiber that's found in beans and whole grains because it binds to and removes cholesterol.
- You should include insoluble fiber that's found in fruits and vegetables for added fiber to make regular bowel movements.
- Limit animal fats because cholesterol is found in animal tissues and they are devoid of fiber.These fats don't need to be completely avoided, but they should be limited.
- Include natural herbs like alfalfa, black tea, chromium, common thistle, devil's claw, evening primrose, fenugreek, fish oil, garlic, ginger, green tea, guar gum, gugulipid, licorice, milk thistle, red yeast rice, safflower, soy, turmeric, vanadium, and vitamin E that have been proven to limit and lower cholesterol.
- Avoid saturated fats because they raise bad cholesterol levels more than any other foods.
- Incorporate polyunsaturated and saturated fats into your diet because they cause the liver to produce less cholesterol.
- Eat cholesterol-lowering foods like fruits and vegetables. Oatmeal is another great choice to lower your cholesterol.Avocado is a great food to eat because it has high content of monounsaturated fats and beta-sitosterol, two effective properties to lower cholesterol.You should consider adding whole grains, tomatoes, soy products, omega-3 fatty oils, olive oil, nuts, maitake mushrooms, legumes, garlic, fortified foods, flaxseeds, corn, and cold-water fish.
- Stay away from cholesterol-raising foods like egg yolks, fish, high fat milk products, meat, and poultry.
- Eat wheat, unrefined molasses, seeds, raisins, oats, nuts, legumes, citrus fruits, cantaloupe, cabbage, brown rice, bananas because of the inositol properties that remove fat from the liver.
- Avoid all hydrogenated foods.
- Avoid all chemical ingredients like artificial colors, aspartame, MSG, and sodium nitrite because they are known to promote diseases.
- Avoid refined sugar foods.
Thirty minutes a day is all you need to lower your cholesterol.Exercise can be started in a very easy manner.Start easy and build up your stamina and endurance.You may be surprised how much you actually come to enjoy yourself as you exercise.Be sure to stretch before and after each workout for optimal benefit.The proper diet is necessary because exercise relies on the energy that comes from fats, proteins, and sugars.When these foods are consumed, useable energy is used to exercise.
- Stop smoking because it actually increases bad cholesterol levels.Stay away from second-hand smoke, as well.
- Reduce stress and anxiety to avoid unwanted health issues.
- Limit alcohol because it deprives your body of nutrients.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Ask your family and friends to help you as you address your health needs.
Be aware of the facts
- If you don't think you need to lower bad cholesterol levels, you should be made aware that high cholesterol causes heart disease, atherosclerosis, and high blood pressure.
- Learn what healthy cholesterol levels are.Strive for fewer than 100 for bad cholesterol.Levels of 190 are at very high risk for health concerns.
- Use dietary supplements to ensure you're getting the vitamins and minerals you need for a healthy body.
Start these 5 healthy ways to lower your cholesterol . . . today.
Photo Credit: epSos.de