Big or small? Exotic or traditional? Active or low-key? There is an amazing amount of variation in the dog world and as a dog trainer, I've just about seen them all! Now, I'm celebrating that with a new "Purebred Dog Star" for you! Learn more about your favorite breeds and fall in love with new ones every Friday. :)
[Purebred Star] Saint Bernard
The Saint Bernard is affectionate friendly laid-back and easy to train and could be the breed you 've been looking for. Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Nova Scotia Duck-Tolling Retriever
Do you like the attributes the Golden Retriever offers? Then you are going to LOVE the Nova Scotia Duck-Tolling Retriever! Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Tibetan Spaniel
Like their Pekignese cousins Tibetan Spaniels were adored by the Buddhist in Tibet where they were developed for companionship. Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Perro de Presa Canario
With their muscular stance intimidating stare and strong protective instincts the Perro de Presa Canario isn t meant for a first time pet-parent. Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Keeshond
The beautiful Keeshond is a very old breed that dates back to the sixteenth century. They are a medium size breed with a fluffy coat… Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Doberman Pinscher
Reputable breeders have worked hard to temper the aggression trait of the Doberman Pinscher making them a more friendly family household companion. Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Schnauzer
Whether you like a big medium or small this purebred like their size can also be different in their temperament. The Giant Schnauzer is known… Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] German Shorthaired Pointer
The German Shorthaired Pointer GSP is a wonderful addition to a family that is active and wants to include their dog! Mainly known for their… Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Cairn Terrier
Toto a Cairn Terrier is most famously known for her role in the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz film. Her real name was Terry… Read More ▶
Meet the Author: Victoria Swanson More by Victoria Swanson
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
- [Paws & Awws] The Cons of a Multi-Pet Household: Why You Might Want to Reconsider Having More Than One Pet
- [Paws & Awws] A Letter to Breeders and Rescue Groups
- [Paws & Awws] Celebrate THREE Pet Events!!
- [Paws & Awws] A Pet-Parents Tribute to the Loss of a Loved One
- [Paws & Awws] A Dog and a Fox, Friends?
- [Paws & Awws] Restitution for Abandoned Pets?
- [Paws & Awws] Top 5 Dangers for Pets During Christmas
- [Paws & Awws] The Dirty Duty: Picking Up Dog Poo
- [Paws & Awws] Why Save a Special Needs Animal?
- Lets Talk Jerky Treats and Dogs
- [Paws & Awws] How Dangerous Are GMOs in Our Dogs Diet?
- [Paws & Awws] Redbox for Pets: Shelter Drop Boxes Better than Nothing?
- [Paws & Awws] Elle The Pitbull Is a True Hero!
- [Paws & Awws] Top 5 Winter Activities For You and Your Dog
- [Paws & Awws] Mama Jade: Severely Abused Pitbull Finds Her Guardian Angel!
- [Paws & Awws] The Story of Dunkin - Is There Ever a Happy Ending?