Big or small? Exotic or traditional? Active or low-key? There is an amazing amount of variation in the dog world and as a dog trainer, I've just about seen them all! Now, I'm celebrating that with a new "Purebred Dog Star" for you! Learn more about your favorite breeds and fall in love with new ones every Friday. :)
[Purebred Star] Thai Ridgeback
The Thai Ridgeback is a rare breed that is smart and loyal with a tough persona. Does this sound like a breed for you? Although… Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Scottish Terrier
Brave, stubborn, sensitive, the Scottish Terrier may have what you are looking for in a breed! The Scottish Terrier was bred in Scotland around the… Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Belgian
The Belgians are hard-working dogs that enjoy herding and guarding. These dogs don't understand the word calm. Could this be a breed for you? There… Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Australian Kelpie
Herding, guarding, agility competitions, there isn't anything the Kelpie won't do! Looking for a high energy, hard-working, and loyal breed? Look no further, the Kelpie… Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Alaskan Malamute
The ultimate sled dog! The Alaskan Malamute is high energy loyal and friendly! Find out if this breed is for you! Bred to pull sleds… Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Bearded Collie
The Bearded Collie is known for their outgoing, friendly, playful, loving personality, and they also have a high herding drive. Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Lhasa Apso
Brave, affectionate, loyal, and friendly are just a few words used to describe the Lhasa Apso! Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Harrier
The Harrier originated in Great Britain and is exclusively a hunting dog there. Read More ▶
[Purebred Star] Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen
Although the Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen is a medium size breed, they are GRAND in every way possible! Read More ▶
Meet the Author: Victoria Swanson More by Victoria Swanson
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
- [Paws & Awws] The Cons of a Multi-Pet Household: Why You Might Want to Reconsider Having More Than One Pet
- [Paws & Awws] A Letter to Breeders and Rescue Groups
- [Paws & Awws] Celebrate THREE Pet Events!!
- [Paws & Awws] A Pet-Parents Tribute to the Loss of a Loved One
- [Paws & Awws] A Dog and a Fox, Friends?
- [Paws & Awws] Restitution for Abandoned Pets?
- [Paws & Awws] Top 5 Dangers for Pets During Christmas
- [Paws & Awws] The Dirty Duty: Picking Up Dog Poo
- [Paws & Awws] Why Save a Special Needs Animal?
- Lets Talk Jerky Treats and Dogs
- [Paws & Awws] How Dangerous Are GMOs in Our Dogs Diet?
- [Paws & Awws] Redbox for Pets: Shelter Drop Boxes Better than Nothing?
- [Paws & Awws] Elle The Pitbull Is a True Hero!
- [Paws & Awws] Top 5 Winter Activities For You and Your Dog
- [Paws & Awws] Mama Jade: Severely Abused Pitbull Finds Her Guardian Angel!
- [Paws & Awws] The Story of Dunkin - Is There Ever a Happy Ending?