By Sue Serves 6
This is a perfect recipe to use all that zucchini your neighbor gave you. You can also make this ahead and freeze it for a future healthy meal.
Print Friendly View
- 1 × One pre-made refrigerated pie crust
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 × ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 × �0.25 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 × ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 × �0.25 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 × �0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 × �0.25 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 × �0.25 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ lb (2 cups) shredded mozzarella
You may also need:
Bowl, Dutch Oven, Oven, Plate, Spoon
Preheat oven to 350o
Roll out the pie crust to a circle and then fit it into a pie plate; bake for 15 minutes.
Melt the butter in a Dutch oven. Add the zucchini and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent (about 10 minutes).
Stir the seasoning into the vegetable mixture and set aside.
Combine 2 beaten eggs and grated cheese in a bowl, then stir into the vegetable and spice mix.
Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 20 minutes, or until center is set.
Serve hot or freeze and he-heat later.
You must be logged in to comment or leave notes on this recipe!