Vitamin C Supplements: Foods You Can Eat To Get Your Daily Intake
Vitamin C is one the most productive vitamins that people can include in their daily lives and in their daily diet. Vitamin C has been associated with immune systems and the ability to fight off sickness during the cold and flu season for years. It is also sometimes known to combat germs, aids in the production of collagen in the skin and fights cellular damage.
Vitamin C: How much do I need to Benefit?
With all of the wonderful benefits that this power vitamin includes, why wouldn't you try to incorporate it into your everyday eating? It is best to get a source of vitamin C everyday since our bodies are not able to store or produce it on their own. It has been noted that men require more vitamin C than women. Men need about 90 milligrams daily and women need about 75 milligrams per day. Many of the foods listed have the recommended amount (some have even more) in just one serving.
Foods Rich in Vitamin C:
- Red bell peppers
- Citrus fruits-oranges, grapefruit, lemons and their juices
- Melons-cantaloupe, watermelon
Many of the foods that are rich in vitamin C are also a good source of potassium and fiber. Foods that contain vitamin C are also able to help with the absorption of iron.
Suggestion on Boosting C:
Some direct examples of how foods with vitamin C can fulfill your daily intake amount along with the amount of Vitamin C they are as follows:
- Putting Â½ cup red peppers in your salad will give you 141 milligrams. If you added one medium tomato to that salad, that would add an extra 23 milligrams.
- Drinking six ounces of orange juice in the morning will give you 60 milligrams.
- If you made a fruit salad containing one cup of strawberries, one medium orange and a Â½ of a grapefruit you would have a great total of 196 milligrams!
- For dinner, eating at least a Â½ cup of broccoli will give you 58 milligrams, adding one medium baked potato to that will add on 26 milligrams more.
This helpful vitamin is in foods that people would not always suspect. Vitamin C is in many things that people eat regularly. By eating foods with vitamin C each day, you can help your body prepare itself to fight off any germs that are easily picked up in the common places you go.
[sniplet Vita Male]
Sources: http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/7-nutrients-your-diet-may-be-missing?page=3 http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vitamin-c/NS_patient-vitaminC http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminC/