Making jewelry can be a great way to create wearable art that is entirely unique to your style and personality. It can also be a source of extra income, and offer the opportunity to give your friends and family gifts that will make a lasting impression.rn
Try the following jewelry making ideas to create enticing conversation pieces that will leave a memorable impression:
Detailed clasps -Focus on functional aspects of your jewelry such as the clasp. The clasp presents an opportunity add a delicate touch to any piece of jewelry. Try an antique copper or pewter toggle clasp on a bracelet with powder blue and ivory beads for a perfectly shabby-chic look.
Engagement rings -Create a unique engagement ring and a great conversation piece by using organic shaped gems, copper wire and extra strength jewelry glue. When choosing your gem, think abstract shapes that are unpredictable and eye-catching. Don't be timid to choose a large stone, as most cocktail rings are considerably larger than others.
Cascading sterling silver bracelets -Create a bracelet that mimics a beautiful cascading pomander, a recent trend in weddings. Use silky ribbon, pearls and ceramic or plastic trinkets in the shapes of roses to create a stunning bracelet.
1. Measure your wrist for the length of fabric you will need. Choose a strand of satin ribbon in the color of your choice. A dusty, lavender gray is a pretty choice to coordinate with creamy pearls.
2. If you'd like, you can attach a thinner strip of velvet ribbon in a correlating shade on top of the wider satin piece using fabric glue for added dimension.
3. Use a fabric razor to cut small, vertical slits down the length of the fabric, about every half inch.
4. Lace your small strand of pearls in and out of the slits, creating a woven effect.
5. Attach your ornamental roses in a bundle on one side of your bracelet, so that they rest on the left or right side of your wrist. For added drama, sew a large fabric rose bud to one side, and surround it with small clusters of enamel roses. This way, it will look more like a wild, blooming bouquet.
6. Attach a metal clasp to each end of your bracelet. You can also add a small tassel to the clasp for added elan.