You could earn SmartPoints on this page!SmartPoint Coin

Health Questions & Answers



Do I need to see a special doctor for arthritis?

Smartliving Guest asked this
November 11, 2011 at 8:24 AM



This depends on the type of arthritis you have. The most common form of arthritis is osteoarthritis, which can usually be diagnosed and treated by primary care doctors. Rheumatoid arthritis is a degenerative progressive arthritis (it keeps getting worse and worse) that can lead to permanent disability if left untreated, many primary doctors refer patients with rheumatoid arthritis to rheumatologists, who specialize in autoimmune disorders.

Stay Healthy,

Dr. Jeff M.D.

Dr. Jeff Chamberlain, MD Health Coach answered
November 7, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Whatever be your health condition, seeing a doctor is a must. But for a life style disease like osteo arthriis (OA), you should choose a doctor who practices integrative medicine. Conventional drugs can only address single causes. OA has many causes and as such you have to pay attention to diferent aspects of your life style such as diet, exercises, food supplements, etc.

D J answered
April 30, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Already a member? Just sign in!

You are at least 13 years of age and agree to our terms of service.

(All fields Reqiuired)

Report Abuse

Question Tags


Short URL:

    THRIVE Email Newsletter from HelloLife®

    Subscribe to the THRIVE Newsletter

    Site Feedback