You could earn SmartPoints on this page!SmartPoint Coin

Health Questions & Answers



Who can diagnose ADHD?

Smartliving Guest asked this
October 20, 2011 at 10:33 AM



I recommend first, seeing your family doctor or pediatrician if you have concerns, or if you’re an adult, seeing your internal medicine doctor and talking to them about it. A lot of us see a lot of ADHD and are pretty comfortable diagnosing it. But, on top of that we want to make sure that there isn’t something else that looks like ADHD or some other core factors such as depression, anxiety or learning disabilities. In that case, a lot of times what we will do is send you to a clinical psychologist, someone who sees tons of people with ADHD and other issues. They’re formally tasked with looking, not just at ADHD symptoms, but across the board at a lot of different things to make sure there isn’t some sort of emotional problem going on, that there isn’t a learning disability or something like that causing the problem.

This response was just one answer taken from a video Q&A with Dr. Chamberlain.

Click here to watch the complete Q&A video interview:

Dr. Jeff Chamberlain, MD Health Coach answered
September 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Already a member? Just sign in!

You are at least 13 years of age and agree to our terms of service.

(All fields Reqiuired)

Report Abuse

Question Tags


Short URL:

    THRIVE Email Newsletter from HelloLife®

    Subscribe to the THRIVE Newsletter

    Site Feedback