Hormonal Herb List
I found this list of herb supplements and what they do. Thought it would be good for women who have undergone hormonal fluctuations due to menopause or childbirth, and are looking for a gentle, effective boost to get them back to feeling like normal. Any one of these could make a tasty tea - try mixing and matching to see what works for you. Cheers!
- Provides powerful plant compounds called phytoestrogens
- Phytoestrogens bind to hormone receptors lessening hot flashes, vaginal dryness, headache, dizziness and depressive mood
- Black cohosh may interfere with the action of hormonal medications (birth control pills or HRT). Consult your doctor before combining
- Recommended when body temperature changes accompany menopause
- Lightens a tired mind and fights depression and grief
- It should not be used by pregnant or nursing women
Red Raspberry Leaf
- A female tonic
- It works as a tonic to raise vitality
- Helps restore mucous activity to normal
- Cayenne helps to warm the internal organs
- Acts as a catalyst for other herbs
- Benefits sexual ability and nervous tension.
- It has been applied in cases of chronic fatigue and mental exhaustion.
- Is considered a sexual restorative
- This herb provides an increased feeling of well-being.
- works as a stimulant on the adrenal glands and acts to counteract stress
- Improves the female libido
- Has phytoestrogens
- It can raise blood pressure if used in excess
- Exerts a quieting and soothing influence on the brain and nervous system
- peripheral neuropathy such as numbness, is effectively controlled with the use of valerian